Friday, January 18, 2013

Craftyness

Trip to the Beach one January
(yeah, we're a bit crazy)
My husband and I used to live in an apartment complex on the other side of town and we had friends that lived in two other apartments in the same complex. We used to joke that we were like the tv series "Friends." We hardly ever knocked on each other's doors when we visited, we'd meet up at the bar directly next door to the apartments and there were crazy ebbs and flows of relationships always happening. Once a week, me and one of the other girls, Jessica, would get together and have a "Girls Night." This started in college, was strongest when we lived in this particular apartment complex, and lasted for about 7 or 8 years. She now lives an hour away which makes it a bit difficult to be consistent with it.
80s themed birthday party!

Our girls nights would consist of playing games at a restaurant over dinner, going bowling, and grabbing a few drinks. However, most often we'd spend the time at one of our homes between round of N64 Mario Kart or while watching a movie. We did a lot of crafts. She taught me to knit, I taught her to crochet, we scrapbooked together and she helped me learn to read a sewing pattern. Even still, we'll call each other with questions about things that the other has been doing longer. I'd say we're best craft buddies. :)

Jessica is getting married this spring and so naturally, I'm throwing her a bridal shower in a few weeks. And it's full of craftiness. I'm going with an owl theme and have found all kinds of inspiration from Etsy and Pinterest. Here is a little glimpse into what I've been up and some of my inspiration.


Invites

Sandwich board Signs Outside

There is more I'm working on, but I can't share it quite yet because it's a surprise and I don't want to ruin it for the lovely bride to be. But I wanted to share with the world the fun owl creations I've been working on! It's been fun. I found the ideas and inspirations from here. Check them out! So much fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment