Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Gifts

This past October one of my best friends got married to her best friend. I wanted to do something special for them for their first Christmas together, but I have been low on cash lately. So I got my creativeness up and running and came up with the following project for them. They are both musicians, so that is where the main inspiration came from for this process.


I started by gathering supplies. Modge Podge, an aged and yellowed music score of Mozart, plum colored paper (which happened to be their wedding color), and of course scissors. 


Then I found a picture of their silhouettes from their wedding and made it super contrasted so that I could get a good outline of their heads.

Next I covered a piece of white paper in pieces of the music sheet using Modge Podge and a sponge brush.


I wanted to put a heart behind their heads, but all of my hearts I draw are always lopsided, so I found a heart on clip art online and traced it onto a piece of paper so that i was sure it would be symmetrical and then cut it out of the purple paper.

Next, I attached the heart on to the music sheet paper. I didn't get any pictures of the heads in process, but I traced their silhouettes onto white paper, taped the corners to the music paper, and then cut them out with the papers taped together. This gave me nice cut outs of their heads without having to worry about having the traced lines still on the art piece. 

I didn't feel like the piece was quite complete with just their heads in the heart, so I wrote out their initials and last name, added it to a frame, and ta da!



No comments:

Post a Comment