Sunday, October 30, 2011

future dreams

reversible kid's hat
Lately I've been making a lot of custom orders for friends and family. It's been pretty fun. They just tell me what they have in mind and then i get to interpret their thoughts and words into creative fun projects and hopefully good looking items. I made my sister-in-law a set of 12 crocheted wash clothes, then i made a friend a sewn reversible baby hat, and another friend a crocheted black beanie. Next project, a crocheted dress for my niece who is 1 1/2 years old and absolutely adorable. It will be quite the challenge, but lots of fun.
I think that custom orders are a lot of fun. They create a unique type of challenge of taking someone else's idea, mixing it with my talent, opinion, and style, and making something unique and original that no one has. I love it!
It's fun to know that something you made from complete scratch, no one else's pattern, is out there being used and seen and commented on. I could get used to this, I wouldn't even mind if it became a pretty big habit of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment