Friday, September 23, 2011

Pretty Little Things

 I got a text the other day that my little niece is now into headbands, so since i already have a little pile going of this to send their way, i decided to add a custom made little thing just for her.  I've been crocheting for most of my life and have been learning knitting over the past few years and so i decided to try making up my own pattern and went to work.  It turned out adorable, as most things for little ones do.
headband with flower

if you want to make your own, here is how!

Knit Band
cast on 7 stitches
Next Row: Knit 1, purl 1, Knit 1, etc. to end.
Next Row: Knit 1, purl, knit 1, bring yarn forward, knit 2 together, purl 1, knit 1
All other rows: K1, P1, K1, P1, K1, P1, K1
Continue this pattern until your band is the desired length (this could end up fitting an adult sized head, a newborn, and anyone in between)
Cast off in pattern.
Put a cute little button on the end opposite the button hole made from the yarn forward stitch.
*For future reference, this stitch pattern is know as seed stitch

crocheted flower
Crocheted Flower
Chain 5, slip stitch to join to first chain.
single crochet 12 in loop made by chain.
To shape petals slip stitch in single crochet, ch 4, slip stitch in same stitch. Repeat for each single crochet, fasten off.
If you leave longer ends of yarn at the beginning and end, then you can use these to tie the flower onto the band.



And there you have it, an adorable headband.
sorry about the poor picture quality, i have to use my phone camera right now because i can't find my cord to connect my real camera and my computer :(

No comments:

Post a Comment